Sunday, February 19, 2023

My Brushes and Other Useful Things.

 A quick post to offer you this LINK, where you will find the brushes I use the most.

You'll find my brush to sketch, the on I use for inking. And the two brushes I use the most for coloring, Oil Pastel and Paint & Apply2, the first to apply my colors with opacity and the other to merge the colors or dissolve them. I set the shortcut "V" to have access to Paint & Apply2 while using Oil Pastel, so I don't have to change my brush.

Same for the "C" shortcut that transform your brush in an eraser. Hit "C" again to get the brush back.

In the Coloring folder : Dry Background and Soft fluffy paint are useful for large area or colors with effects.

In the Ink or Colour FX folder, you'll have to test those to see you'll find them useful. I do relay on those heavily when I want to dirt or texturise my inking.

In the special brushes, you'll find my own custom made brushes I created sometimes for a single use. But those are fun and perhaps you'll need one. I made some bodyhair brushes to try to speed up the process. But the truth is I keep on inking each body hair by hand. It's more natural.

The file named Grain set to Overlay with opacity is th one I use to make the colors less digital. adding some grain. The layer on top of the colors, on Overlay mode with an Opacity between 12 to 37, depending on the brightness of my colors.

The file named Bloody, is for dirty or bloody part of a specific color area, layer set to multiply or overlay.

The last file : Grunge printed dot is useful to mimic old printed images. Again layer set to overlay, or whatever looks good.

My CSP Brushed and other useful Things 

1 comment: